Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Hate Adverts

Adverts aren't usually a problem for me as I rarely watch anything at the time of broadcast, preferring instead to record or and watch it later. Adverts are something that whizz by at 30x speed.

But every so often, Rupert conspires to show me adverts against my will.



The other night he hatched a plot with Dr K. It was thinly disguised as a desire to watch the Kerrang channel. Live. With adverts.

It took about two seconds for my eyes and ears to start bleeding as some hip youngsters started prancing around the screen singing a cheery song about how I should recycle my mobile phone.

This was followed up by a seemingly identical bunch of irritating tweens trying to convince me, via the medium of song, that if I were to drink their delicious orange brew, I might be able to jump around with people just like them.

Because that sounds like something I'd want to do.

And then someone decided that in order to persuade me to buy some sort of loan product, it was necessary to patronise me with the most condescending voice over I've ever heard.

Fuck you, Rupert. Your plan didn't work. I'm still here!


No comments: