Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday

16:30 - I'm home. Hurriedly packing a bag with clean pants and stuff. Yay! I think I'll take my Batman pants and my Union Flag pants. You never know, I might get lucky and I wanna look my best.

I wonder what my chances of getting Dr K to drive down are...

16:55 - She took no persuading at all! Now I'm in the shed trying to figure out where she's hidden the automatic cat feeding device!

17:30 - Packing Dr K's boot is a bit like playing tetris. In other news, there's a cement mixing lorry doing it's dirty business on one of the neighbour's drives. Can't work out why.

Still, we're leaving now. We're on the road, baby!

17:55 - Just saw a cow having a poo in the field next to the motorway. Dirty bugger.

18:15






What's a Caution Horse?

18:33 - Melksham. I used to live here. I used to have dinners here. Which reminds me: I'm hungry.

19:00 - Yum. Just found a bag of crisps!

19:14 - More cows. Another one pooing. What is it with pooing cows today?

19:30 - No cows in Salisbury.

19:45 - But the cows in Fordingbridge definitely poo!

19:56 - Nearly there. I guess I'd better figure out where this B&B is.

20:05 - arrived at the B&B, but it's all closed up with a sign saying they'll be back soon. Oh well. I did tell them we'd be there at 9ish, so we can go and find some dinner and come back later.

20:10 - Italian... Closed.

20:15 - No room in the Thai.

20:20 - a sign at the pub:






20:25 - Curry it is! Woohoo!

21:45 - And a very tasty curry it was too.

We are now safely ensconced inside the 'Regan' suite of the White House B&B. I feel quite sorry for the people in the 'Nixon' suite across the hall.

22:15 - I just had half a shower. I got as far as washing my hair when the electric shower started to make a very scary whirring noise. The sort that makes you get out f the shower pretty sharpish in case it explodes.

On the basis that my pits don't smell too bad, I think I'll just settle for mentioning it in the morning.

Sleepy now. Night.

No comments: