Monday, June 27, 2011

Oh My God, The Roof's Come Off! And Other Stories

I went to Leeds with my boss today. She drove which was nice, in a life-threatening sort of way.

You see, she hadn't fastened down the roof of her convertible*. And then we went on the motorway. And then hilarity ensued.

So further on in the journey, we had to stop for petrol. She put £20 worth in, refusing to fill it all the way because of the (expenses-claimable) cost of petrol at the Services. And then later, on the motorway, when her petrol gauge was hovering around zero, she refused to put more petrol in at the Services we were passing because it was too expensive.

We didn't actually run out of petrol, so she won on a technicality, but it was a very stressful twenty minutes driving around Leeds, which is, apparently, bereft of petrol stations!

And then we had our meeting with some Northerners. And then we headed back to the car, discovering half-way that she'd lost her car keys!

I'm being mean, really. I like my boss. I wouldn't trade her in for any of the other bosses. But she does live life like a Chinese proverb!

Now I'm in a hotel in Chester as we have a meeting with another Northerner in the morning.

As we (intentionally, this time) had the roof down for the final part of the journey to Leeds, I've caught the sun a bit. I didn't realise how much 'til I looked in the mirror just now. The top of my head is a bit red.

Here's the view out of my window.



There's a fountain. This place must be well posh.

Also, it's full of random tat. Like this giant chair that I forced my boss to photograph me in!



And this creepy wall feature is hanging over the bed:



To conclude, I give you the obligatory shower cap shot:





( * Don't get excited - it was a Ford Ka )

No comments: