Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sunday

12:04 - Eventually, the satnav took us on a circuitous route back to the centre of Southampton where I was able to direct Dr K onto the A35. We may make it back to the B&B before 1 rather than the originally expected 12.

08:43 - The B&B's policy of serving breakfast between 8:30 and 9:30 on a Sunday is cruel and unusual.

08:47 - Dr K has just discovered that she can put her shoes on before her jeans and then still get her jeans on. She's so clever. I can't do that!

09:45 - turns out the the B&B landlady makes weekly visits to Bedminster in Bristol to babysit her grandson. Small world.

Weekly, though...

10:30 - Arrived at Wilverley Inclosure. Inclosure. Not Enclosure. It keeps the ponies out, not in. Vermin. I should set Dex on 'em.

11:26 - drinking tea in a cafe in New Milton. Emms says she'll be joining us in five. Which makes me wonder what she's leaving out. I'm here in seven. Kaz is in eight.

Also, there is a ninja child outside. New Milton has become much more cosmopolitan since I left 11 and a half years ago.

13:45 - Roast beefs. Beefs are my favourite vegetable. And no, my steak excesses last night haven't put me off cow at all!

17:25 - The journey home went quickly, primarily because I slept most of the way! The cats don't seem excessively pleased at are return, focussing mainly on escaping opportunities.

17:45 - cafe tea and B&B tea and brother tea and mate tea are all very nice, but nothing quite beats Home Tea.

20:18 - Made Dr K beans on toast. Cut her toast into heart shapes. All she was interested in was what I'd done with the bits I'd cut out.

I'd eaten them.

No comments: