Monday, May 30, 2011

Bank Holidays and Bored Cats

I am firmly of the belief that as it is a Bank Holiday and I work for a bank, I shouldn't have to do anything today. That's certainly the basis I was working on when I bullied Dr K into making me breakfast in bed this morning.

So I officially declare that on Bank Holidays, bankers should be waited on by non-Banker members of the household. Any household that contains only bankers should kidnap a non-banker member of the public to perform the service (tramps are good for this - they are often grateful for a bit of work. Not the junkie ones, though as they may steal your breakfast and trade it for drugs!).

It didn't last though. I had to make lunch, albeit very, very late. And I'll be putting dinner together later. But breakfast in bed was worth it.

It's been raining all day, and neither of the cats want to go outside. I'm pretty sure Dexter thinks it's my fault as he keeps shouting at me!

I think he's bored.

While Rochester deals with the bad weather by getting a few more hours of sleep on the window sill, Dexter doesn't seem to know hat to do with himself. He's been following us around, grumbling. Every time one of us goes into the kitchen, he follows and has another little shout, in the hope that we'll feed him and take his mind off his boredom. Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work.

No comments: