Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Boredom Wees

I'm drawing a blank again.

I haven't found anything to blog about all day. It's been one of those dull days with no incidents of note. It's about quarter to ten, so. I think if anything interesting was going to happen, it would have by now.

So I'll write about boring days instead.

Some days I get so bored* that I go for a wee just to break the routine. I did that twice today. Boredom wees.

Don't look so appalled. You know you do it too.

There you are, sitting at your desk reading some interminable report or writing some mind numbing code or filling in some tedious spreadsheet for the forty ninth time and you think to yourself:

'Self,' (because that's always funny and not an overused underfunny little quip)' 'I'm totally fed with this report/code/spreadsheet and if I don't do something else, my brain is going to melt and come oozing out of my ears. But what can I legitimately do? I know! I'll go for a wee!'

And then you do.

And when you come back to your report or code or spreadsheet and it doesn't seem quite so interminable, mind numbing or tedious.

At least until you can persuade your bladder to go again.



(*I should probably point out (because if you remember, my boss reads this blog) that it is entirely possible to be busy and bored at the same time. Ahem.)

No comments: