Saturday, May 28, 2011

No Loitering

Today, whilst out walking, I came across a sign which instructed me not to loiter.



As you can see, I followed the instruction to the letter.

Dr K and I were out for a walk along the path that runs along the western bank of the Avon from Bristol, under the Clifton Suspension Bridge and eventually, according to one if the signs, to Gloucester. Needless to say, we didn't go that far.

I've been eyeing it up as a walking destination for ages and have only just got round to investigating it.

It wasn't everything I'd hoped it would be. Mostly it smelled of dog poo. I did get a couple of nice pictures, though:











That last one was taken from directly underneath the bridge. Although it has no particular artistic merit, if you look very closely, you'll see that some enterprising graffiti artist has painted a radioactive symbol On the bottom of the bridge, in the best tradition of Bristol graffiti. I don't even want to know how they managed it!

Anyway, during the walk, despite the aroma of dog poo, my stomach became convinced that what I really needed was an awesome hot dog from the Sausage Shop stall in St Nick's Market.

Sadly, due to Dr K's refusal to turn round and go back, and a dastardly conspiracy with her bladder, by the time we got to the Sausage Shop, it had sold out of sausage and I had to settle for cold pie instead.

Hmph.

No comments: