Thursday, May 12, 2011

An Ode To A Stripy Cat

After my awesome sonnet to Rochester shot to number one in the awesome sonnet charts the other day, I thought I'd have another go at it... maybe recapture the glory and prove that i'm not just a one-hit wonder:


An Ode To A Stripy Cat

Dexter, you're a cat
But you're not very nice.
You're prone to sneak attacks
And then you kill and eat mice.

Dexter you're feline
And you're furry and soft
But you don't like cuddling
Nope, you're off like a shot!

Dexter, I don't like
The way that you kill.
Its not like you don't get fed
You kill for the thrill.

But Dex, your little face
Is cute (says Dr K).
And I guess I'd rather have you
Than a fish any day.

And Dex, your stripy tail
And your furry belly
Are really rather nice.
And you're not even smelly

So Dex, even though you hunt
And you kill and you maim
I still think you're quite nice
Cos it's only a game!






If anyone is still reading at this point, you may be interested to know that this time, I ripped off the theme tune to Dexter's TV namesake, Dexter. Well... One repeating refrain from it, anyway.

I miss that show. When's it on again?

No comments: