Sunday, May 29, 2011

You Sexy Thing

Yesterday, Dr K bought a kettle.



I think you'll agree that it's a damn sexy kettle! And not only does it look good, but it whistles when it's done!

Dr K arrived at the decision entirely independent of me, having dragged me into a kitchenware store in town. She saw the gorgeous rich purpleness of it and instantly fell in love. The whistling was just a bonus.

What's interesting about this whole affair, is that just the other day, I was round a friend's house and happened to admire their kettle, which was pretty sexy and whistled when it was done.

'I wish,' I mused aloud, 'we had a sexy kettle that whistled when it was done.'

After a short discussion, we came to the conclusion that Dr K's practical frugality would mean that there was no chance of my getting a sexy kettle that whistled when it was done. We did, after all, have a perfectly functioning and relatively new, albeit less sexy kettle. So I chalked it up to experience and looked forward to many future cups of tea from a less sexy kettle that didn't whistle when it was done.

How wrong we were.

And so it was that with genuinely no input from me, Dr K bought a sexy kettle that whistled when it was done.

In unrelated news, I plan to spend the rest of the day whistling when I've done stuff and see how long it takes Dr K to punch me in the mouth or staple my lips together!

Starting... now!

Whhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooeeeeee!

No comments: