Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cars

I was in the car with a lady yesterday and she was shocked when I announced that I quite liked the Mini Clubman. In fact she said that she'd lost respect for me because of my vehicular preferences.

What surprised me most about her claim was that she had any respect for me in the first place; also that she felt able to judge me when she declared her love for her Corsa which she loves 'because it's round'.

Mini Clubmen and their awesome rear doors notwithstanding, I don't really care much what my car looks like. I drive a Focus, after all. But I do think that Bmws are aggressive, predatory looking cars and if I wanted a car on which I was going to mount machine guns, it would probably be a BMW.

And if there was a car that I was going to paint pink and use as a pretty, flowery garden ornament, it would probably be a Corsa.

No comments: