Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #5: Nederlands

Namecheck time again: Rachael!

A few weeks ago, Rachael went to the Nederlands and she bought me some sweets there.

Unfortunately, she lost them and has only just found them! Here they are:


Interesting mix, this lot.


First up is this suspicious looking treat. It had a chewy cola flavoured coating and a soft, sugary interior. It tasted a lot like it looks. Yuck.


The giant cola bottle was promising, though. I like cola bottles, so a giant one should go down well. Unfortunately, it didn't taste of anything, so not much to report there apart from lots of chewing. Lots of chewing. To be fair, this could be a symptom of being hidden in a suitcase for a month!


Finally there was the Toxic Waste sweet. Described on it's wrapper as a 'hazardously sour candy'. This little powerhouse actually caused my face to turn inside out with it's extreme sourness! Brilliant.

Based on a disgusting sweet, a suitcase flavoured sweet and an amazingly awesome face-melting sweet, the overall score is 3.5. the sour sweet really brought it up.

There was a drawback however. If Mr Grumpy Pants taught me one thing, it's to check my references and on the back of the Toxic Waste was the name and address of the manufacturer:


Lancashire, huh? So it seems that the Nederlands import their sweets from Lancashire.

I'm sorry, Rach. I'm not sure I can accurately rate a country's sweets based on self-confessed sweets from a different country. You're just gonna have to go back the and buy me some more!

No comments: