Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Making Of "L'udmilla" or "In Which I Try To String Together German Football, Asteroids And The Young Women's Christian Association Of Plainfield And North Plainfield, New Jersey In A Plausible And Vaguely Entertaining Way"

Did you enjoy yesterday's post?

What?

You thought it was nonsense?

It's a fair point. It was pretty nonsensical!

See, I though I'd challenge myself to take three unrelated subjects and see if I was capable of cobbling together an interesting post out of them. So I asked Dr K to give me the titles of the first three articles she came across on Wikipedia. Here they are:

Southern German Football Championship;
3636 Pajdušáková;
Young Women's Christian Association Of Plainfield and North Plainfield, NJ.


I started with Pajdušáková. It's an asteroid which can be found in that rocky bit between Earth and Mars; and by that, I mean the asteroid belt, not the pavement between my garden and the sweet shop.

That was going nowhere (well, except around the sun at a speed of one revolution every three and a half earth years). So I decided to take a look at the lady who found it. She was actually quite interesting, but I cast all that aside in favour of fictitious New Jersey and football aspirations. The bit with the Nazis was a bonus and one of the only truthful parts of the post.

I hope you enjoyed it!

I did, especially because I managed to string it out to two blog posts, which means that this evening I can relax and take Dr K out to drool over Johnny Depp.

No comments: