Friday, July 08, 2011

Where's My Cake?

The other day, I made a fruit cake. It had cranberries in it and it was delicious.

The next day, I made a cup of tea and decided to have a delicious slice of cake with it.

But could I find the delicious cake? Not on your nelly.

Although she denies it, Dr K had hidden the delicious cake from me.



Where do you think the delicious cake was?

In the cake tin? In the whimsically cat-shaped biscuit jar? Maybe in one of the two Tupperware boxes next to the excellent purple kettle? Nope. None of those places.

I even looked in the fridge. If I can't find food, it's often because Dr K had put it in the fridge. My delicious cake, however was not in the fridge.

When I eventually found it, I was very impressed with Dr K's (alleged) cunningness. She had (allegedly) hidden my delicious cake in the last place I was likely to look. In a ryvita tin.



Fortunately, my cake was far more delicious than ryvita and it complemented my cup of tea perfectly.

No comments: