Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Relative Horribleness Of Foreign Sweets #6: Germany (or possibly Austria)

Today I have sampled a German sweet. Which might be Austrian. But I am assured that it was both made and purchased in Germany, even though it has Mozart on it.


As you can see, it is a very attractively wrapped Mozartkugel. Shiny foil wrapping just can't be beat!


Inside was something that looked like a chocolate doorknob. I suspect that doorknobs made of chocolate would be a little impractical. For one thing, I would keep getting stuck in rooms on account of eating all the doorknobs.


Moving onto the sweet interior:



Inside the chocolate doorknob was some delicious marzipan.. And some tasty brown stuff that reminded me of Nutella. This sweet is awesome! I love this sweet.


As a special bonus, when the shiny foil wrapper is flattened out it makes an attractive miniature wall-hanging, as presented here by the lovely Dr K:


This sweet has it all and is easily is the best I've tried since starting this whole foreign sweet malarkey. It has earned itself a well deserved FIVE OUT OF FIVE!

Here's an update to the sweet map of the world:


In related news, I found a website that will send me a whole bunch of foreign sweets. Woohoo!

No comments: